Working Conversations is fundamentally about using solution-focused conversations to generate positive and uplifting changes, for individuals, groups, and communities.
- People are capable of making their own rational decisions about their lives.
- People know best about what it is that they want.
- Our job is therefore simply to help individuals to achieve the best possible outcomes in the circumstances that they are experiencing.
- Such individual help is important and can be life-changing; however, there is also a fundamental need for work to be done at community and environmental levels.
- This work consists of contributions towards systemic change, improving quality of life, level of security, and sense of future for both individuals and communities.
- Environmental circumstances can be improved through actions at a community level, rather than relying on a top-down approach that is frequently remote from the point of change.